Monday, April 6, 2015

Review Tour: Push By Claire Wallis





Push by Claire Wallis 
(Push #1) 
Published by: Harlequin MIRA
Publication date: May 1st 2014
Genres: New Adult, Romance


Synopsis:

I feel like I am wrapped in a cyclone. Everything is whirling around me, drawing the air out of my lungs and filling me with the best kind of turmoil. Every time his tongue slides against mine, a prickle in my gut tells me how right we are together. How much I need David. How much I need us.

I hope the cyclone never stops.

Emma Searfoss has spent a lifetime trying to escape her abusive stepfather. It’s why she moved far away from home. It’s why she’s kept no ties with her remaining family. And it’s why she’s got a major rage problem. When her neighbor shows up to fix the kitchen in her new apartment, his enigmatic charm calms the fire in her. David is cool and collected, and he makes Emma feel safe for the first time ever. But David has his own chilling past—his six previous girlfriends have all disappeared without a trace. Emma’s walking a dangerous line, but David’s pull is intoxicating. And impossible to resist…

This is a new adult romance with mature content for readers 17 and up.


Purchase:



Push was a very different read from most NA I've read lately. The prologue starts you off full of questions and of course you are sort of working it from all angles. There was a lot of snarky banter at the beginning that draws you in to the characters.  

Emma has been through a lot in her past, most of all trauma of numerous amount mostly stemming from her step-father.  Feeling betrayed by her family at such a young age, as an adult Emma finds herself completely alone.   She's finally escaped and is out on her own, but the engrained fear still hits her at times.  But then she meets David and suddenly she feels safe.  

David has his own past troubles. It took me a bit longer to really decide about David, but that made the story even better, in my opinion. 

Push definitely sucks you in and keeps you guessing, it is very similar to a crime drama. It is a dark, dramatic, crazy twisty, but absolutely captivating tale. This book ends with a huge cliff-hanger and now I find myself NEEDING to read the next book.  






AUTHOR BIO:

Claire Wallis has penned hundreds of magazine and newspaper articles over the last ten years, with science playing the lead role in almost all of them. Though non-fiction writing will forever be her first love, fiction has unexpectedly swooped in, hooked her by the soul, and become her true love. As a result of this coup d’état, Claire’s writing career has made a complete U-turn, and instead of rocks, plants, insects, and microbes, she is now putting human characters in the lead.

Claire’s previous jobs include working at a limestone quarry, hawking vegetables at a farmer’s market, clerking at the dollar store, and convincing new mothers that they need to renew their subscription to that parenting magazine in order for their child to survive. She lives in Pennsylvania with her amazingly awesome husband and son.

Author Links:

2 comments:

  1. Great review, Kris! I love it when a great prologue really sets the mood of the book, and any book with snark and banter is right up my alley ;) Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the introduction. Now I need to add Push 1&2 to my collection :)

    ReplyDelete